Professional Clinical Psychologists in Sydney
There are times in people’s lives when they become overwhelmed. Life can seem out of control and problems appear insurmountable. Meridian Assessment and Therapy Centre offers clinical psychological services to adults, children, and families who are experiencing psychological, emotional or behavioural problems.
Our approach to the assessment, treatment and management of psychological problems is based on the most up to date evidence and research. We do this without losing sight of the fact that each of our clients is an individual.
Our Specialty Areas
- Trauma and Complex Trauma
(incl. sexual, physical, and emotional abuse or neglect, sexual
assault, victims of violent crimes)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dissociative disorders
- Self harm
- Couples therapy
- Anger management
- Depression and chronic depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug and Alcohol problems
- Anxiety (e.g. Panic Attacks, Agoraphobia, excessive worry, Phobias, Social Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, etc.)
- Sexual problems
- Eating problems (e.g. Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, Anorexia Nervosa, etc.)
- Sleep problems
- Relationship problems
- Chronic Pain
- Adjustment to Disability
- Assertiveness issues
- Self esteem issues
Our children counselling in Sydney helps with a range of issues, including:
- Social Anxiety/problems
- Anxiety and phobias
- Sleep problems
- Childhood Obesity
- Fussy Eaters
- Discipline and Behavioural Problems
- Self-esteem issues
- Exam stress and Performance Anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Sibling rivalry
- Eating Disorders
Our child therapy seeks to build stable and well-attuned child-parent relationships and our child counsellor will involve the parents and other significant others in the patient’s life in the therapy progression.
Many psychiatric and emotional problems can be effectively treated with psychological therapy alone or as an adjunct to medication.
Clinical psychologists are specialists in non-drug approaches to mental health and wellbeing.
Our Clinical Psychologists in the Hills District are registered with Medicare, AHPRA, and are members of the Clinical College of The Australian Psychological Society.